Camping is the good way to escape your busy life in the city. Let the trees heal your body and your soul, let the campfire help you relax and focusing on having a good time with your friend, your family or both. It is undeniable that Chiang Mai is the province that full of Camping grounds and National Parks. One of the National Park that suitable for camping and not too far from the city is “Doi Suthep – Pui National Park” which is just about 45 minutes drive from the city.
Why Camping at Doi Pui?
Doi Pui is not too far from the city, so you can have more time to enjoy the activities up there and don’t spend too much time on travelling. Plus, you can visit other tourist attractions such as Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Doi Pui Mhong Village, Phu Phing Palace, and many viewpoints along the way that you can see the spectacular view of Chiang Mai city from above.
How to Camping at Doi Pui?
The first thing is you have to make sure that you have a place at camping ground. You can book a camping spot and rent the tent by clicking here. For more detailed information, you can contact Doi Suthep – Pui National park through the official Facebook Page or dialing the number 053-210-244. You can book the camping spot in advance for 60 days before the camping.
What to Bring to the Camp?
- As the weather change at night, it might be colder. So, you might want to bring some warm clothes.
- Packed food or raw ingredients of your choice (in case that you want to cook something at the campfire.)
- Materials for set up the campfire ; gas lighter, fuel, stove, etc.
- As there’s no trash can available, you must bring your trash bags and take your garbage back with you in order to keep the place clean.
Traveling to Doi Suthep – Pui Camping sites.
You can just take the public transports near Chiang Mai zoo, then take another ride at Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep. If you want to drive here, we have rental car service available here. From Chiang Mai zoo, drive up the Sri Wichai road. Then, you should be arriving at Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep in about 20 minutes. Then, keep driving until you pass The Phu Phing Palace, you will arrive at the junction to Doi Pui Hmong Tribal Village. Pick a left turn and drive along, then you should be arrive in no time!
*The route have some narrow points, high slopes and sharp corners. So, you should drive carefully after passing the Phu Phing Palace.
What to do when Camping at Doi Pui.
At noon, you can trekking at Doi Pui Peak Nature Trail. You can also do the cycling if you bring the bicycle with you. Take a photograph with the surroundings. And There are so many viewpoints with spectacular view of Chiang Mai city Day and Night. Or you can just simply sit and relax at your camp, sip some freshly brewed coffee, read your favorite book and listening to the music.
At night, you can gather up with your friends and family around the campfire, cook together, sing a song and chill out. You can just lay back and stargaze, as the sky doesn’t have too much light pollution.
The Cost of Camping
- A tent for 3 people : 225 THB.
- Sleeping bag : 30 THB.
- Mats : 20 THB.
- There are other costs for using facilities in the camp.
- Many restrooms available, the cleaner one will be near the Tourist Center.
- Phone charger port available until 10:00 pm.
- Stable mobile data connection.
- Many rooms in the parking lots.
- National park officer will ensure your safety, they will patrol after 10:00 pm.
- Cooking stove rental service.
- Small restaurant and Cafe available in Winter.
- There is no garbage bin available, so you should prepare some bags to bring the garbage back with you.
- Light the fire on the ground is prohibited. The fire should be lit in the stove to prevent fire hazards.
But just in case that you don’t know where to start, we also have transfer services here. We will make sure to handle the booking and transportation for you. All you have to do is to enjoy your camping!
Web : www.Tripzii.co
Facebook : facebook.com/tripzii.co
Line : line.me/ti/p/@tripzii
Tel. : 064-961-5978
E-mail : [email protected]